For Kids K ~ 6th Grade
SDL Rules Are As Simple as
1. Register at SDL OR CPS Elementary School Library (You must live in SDL’s service area)
2. Read 5 or more Sanilac District Library or CPS Elementary School Library books to earn special prizes.
3. Record the titles of the books that are read.
Summer Reading Program For Pre-Readers
Babies and preschoolers may take part in SDL's Summer Reading Program by having a parent, caregiver, older sibling or grandparent read books from Sanilac District Library aloud to them.
Reading aloud to children introduces critical early literacy skills and encourages a love of reading and books. Reading together is the single most effective way to help children become proficient readers.
Be a superhero and inspire a love of reading, share good books and help your child become a super reader.
Invitation To Young Artists
Please share one picture or sculpture to exhibit at Sanilac District Library during the month of July. Paintings and drawings must be ready to hang. All artwork must be clearly marked with the child's name and age or grade.
Celebrate the end of SDL's Summer Reading Program at our PARTY. The whole family will enjoy the special activities, fun and refreshments.
Prizes will be awarded to those who registered and completed SDL’s Summer Reading Program by reading 5 or more of our library books.
SDL’s Summer Reading Mission
- Enable children to maintain reading proficiency. Kids need to read at least 10 minutes a day during summer vacation to retain the skills they learned during the school year. They need to read longer if they want to improve their skills.
- Encourage parents to develop early literacy skills with their children from birth and throughout their school years.
- Create positive attitudes about reading & books.
- Motivate everyone at every age to read.
- Encourage regular use of Sanilac District Library.
- Promote Sanilac District Library’s services.
- Attract new library users to Sanilac District Library.