Port Sanilac Lighthouse Journals @ Sanilac District Library
Copies of the Port Sanilac Lighthouse logs are now available in the reference section. Due to their fragile condition, the original logs are not available to the public. After exhausting all options to digitize them, the Library Board made the decision to copy them once for all time. The project was carefully undertaken by staff and is now complete.
Volunteers and staff are working to transcribe the journals into PDF documents which are searchable. Volume 1 is completed and may be viewed on our Local History / Genealogy Page.
- Journal of Light Station at Port Sanilac : October 13, 1886 - March 22, 1901 / Richard W. Morris, Keeper and William H. Holmes, Keeper.
- Journal of Light Station at Port Sanilac March 23, 1901 to January 31, 1910 / William H. Holmes, Keeper
- Journal of Light Station at Port Sanilac : February 1, 1910 to April 17, 1914 / William H. Holmes, Keeper.
- Journal of Light Station at Port Sanilac : April 18, 1914 to June 30, 1918 / William H. Holmes, Keeper.
- The final volume is located at the National Archives.
Check out these websites for more information about the Port Sanilac Light:
Port Sanilac Light - Wikipedia