Skip to main content

Port Sanilac Lighthouse

Port Sanilac Lighthouse Journals @ SDL

The Port Sanilac Light Journals were donated to SDL by Gail and Roger Holmes Jr. in 1964. Copies are available for view at SDL.  Due to their fragile condition, the original journals are not available to the public. 

Journal of Light Station At Port Sanilac

  • Volume 1: October 13, 1886 - March 22, 1901 / Richard W. Morris, Keeper and William H. Holmes, Keeper. This volume has been transcribed by Cathi Bulone Campbell and may be viewed online as a searchable PDF document.  

  • Volume 2: March 23, 1901 - January 31, 1910 / William H. Holmes, Keeper

  • Volume 3: February 1, 1910 to April 17, 1914 / William H. Holmes, Keeper.

  • Volume 4: April 18, 1914 to June 30, 1918 / William H. Holmes, Keeper.

  • Volume 5: Located at the National Archives. 

  • Volume 6: Located at the National Archives.